We are looking for a world-class Music Editor from Vietnam to join our Shows & Editorial team. This position will oversee Vietnamese music for the curation/programming team at the company. You will work with content for Spotify through playlist curation, programming, and written editorial. You will be working from our Singapore office and work closely with the Asian and Global Editorial Team. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you’ll do
- Identify and substantiate playlist hypotheses, i.e. the perfect running playlist, music for a date night or a dinner with friends.
- Be responsible for the daily content programming and curation for Vietnamese music within Spotify.
- Curate and maintain a large number of varied localized Vietnamese music playlists.
- Present and follow up on strategic and creative projects and bets within Shows & Editorial for Vietnam.
- Proactively look for Spotify users that are also great curators.
- Analyze analytics and performance indicators of your own work.
- Help build and maintain strong links between Spotify’s Shows & Editorial team and the music creator community including artists, managers and record label and publishing company executives, for Vietnamese Music.
- Work with the Asian and Global Editorial Team together with the cross-functional teams to progress towards various content objectives.
Who you are
- An expert when it comes to knowledge of Vietnamese artists, festivals, history, newcomers, influencers – basically everything to do with the lifestyle in Vietnam.
- A keen sense of what makes music appropriate for different situations, and an ability to identify great songs to fit.
- Experience in programming music, and/or previous management level work in the music/entertainment industry recommended.
- Perfect English and Vietnamese language are a requirement for this position. Both spoken and written (editorial level).
- Ability to work with and respond to data and analytics.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Strong propensity to take initiative and thrive on change.
- Team spirit, excellent work ethic, and friendly and warm attitude… we are a very close-knit family!
- Able to relocate to Singapore.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.