As per release from Apple Music:
The key responsibility is to grow Apple Music’s business in China by managing relationships with our label partners and artist managers.
- A passion for discovering new music across a variety of genres
- Great knowledge of the local music and media markets in China
- Experience of working with or at a music label
- Strategic understanding of key trends affecting the music industry and emerging technologies (digital music, mobile, digital TV etc.)
- Experience in music marketing and a good understanding of marketing in general
- Good academic background
- Pro-active; striving to go above and beyond what is required of the role. Ability to prioritise well, and solve challenges pro-actively.
- Innovative; continuously seek to enhance and re-define the approach needed to grow our business, while still delivering perfectly on all the priority projects
- Self-sufficient; ability to grow in the role, continue to develop the nature of the label relations role
- Accountable; ability to handle ongoing dialogues with a range of labels as well as multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Communication skills; requires exceptional and concise skills in communicating, both externally as well as with the rest of the iTunes team
- Fluent in Chinese and business level English ability.
- Manage the growth of the overall business by securing comprehensive and innovative promotions around key releases
- Foster the relationship with the key people at labels and artist managers, making iTunes the most important partner in helping the label to drive their business
- Make sure all key releases are communicated and set up for the iTunes Editorial team
- Support the Editorial team with strategic information, taking into account chart activity, media coverage, broadcast/release dates etc.
- Research sales/customer activity using iTunes reporting tools on a weekly basis
- Set up and coordinate marketing campaigns with the marketing teams on label’s and iTunes’ side
- In addition, cross-functional work with iTunes’ music, marketing, production, legal and finance teams.
Education: Bachelor Degree
Apply for this position HERE.