As per release by National Arts Council, Singapore.
The National Arts Council (NAC) aims to nurture the arts in Singapore and to make it an integral part of the lives of the people of Singapore. We celebrate excellence in the arts and work to make it accessible to all. We believe the arts to be a vital avenue for self-expression, learning and reflection, and are constantly striving to create a sustainable environment within which the arts can thrive. We spur local artists on towards entertaining, enriching and inspiring Singapore, and the rest of the world as well.
Nurturing the arts is our business and we are committed to helping transform Singapore into a Distinctive Global City For The Arts. At NAC, we have a team of creative and dynamic staff who share this common vision. Together, we strive to champion the arts and making it accessible to all.
If you have a strong passion for the arts, we welcome you to join us for a challenging and fulfilling career.
You will contribute to the development of the Singapore music scene. This includes contributing towards the formulation of strategies, planning and implementing programmes, as well as supporting the development of music professionals and organisations. You will build strong relationships with these individuals and organisations and support them in these areas: development of works/programmes; promoting them and their works locally and internationally to grow audiences and markets; and continuous professional development. To support their growth, you will tap on a range of assistance schemes and programmes including grants, arts spaces and other developmental platforms.
• Provide relevant and timely advice and support to musicians, music groups and companies, as well as process their applications for support through grants, scholarships, awards, etc.
• Work closely with industry stakeholders to develop strategies to grow the music scene, as well as plan and execute programmes that serve to develop musicians and grow their audiences
• Passionate about the arts
• Knowledge of a range music genres, understanding of the commercial music business and networks within the industry would be an advantage
• Excellent relationship management skills
• Strong analytical and reasoning ability
• Adept at project and time management
• Strong written and verbal communication abilities
• Meticulous and organised, with a process-oriented working style
• A good degree with preferably 3 years of relevant working experience. Candidates with less than 3 years of experience will be considered for the Assistant Manager position
• Applicants who require work passes need not apply
Interested applicants are to submit a cover letter, resume and one-page write-up on your interest and involvement in the arts.If you do not hear from us within 2 months from your date of submission, you may assume that you have not been shortlisted.
Advertised: Applications close:
Please apply for this position HERE.