Music Innovation isn’t just buzz—innovation is happening and needed across the entire music industry. That’s why the Music Tectonics Conference program explores innovation that’s shaking up the music industry from the inside and the outside.
“Music Tech used to be a niche interest, but now there is no corner of the music ecosystem that isn’t touched by it,” said conference director Dmitri Vietze.
On the just-released full conference schedule, visionaries and pioneers discussing the buzziest innovation trends like web3, gaming, and the metaverse dominate a third of the programming. The remaining sessions feature experts in the innovations that are changing all corners of the music industry: from live event tech to new musical creation; from collaboration tools to data and analytics platforms.
Sanjay Amin, YouTube Music
Tatiana Cirisano, MIDiA Research
Jay Gilbert, Your Morning Coffee
Mike Huppe, SoundExchange
Gavin Johnson, Monstercat
Meng Ru Kuok, BandLab
Vickie Nauman, CrossBorderWorks
Rishi Patel, Plus Eight Equity
Kristin Robinson, Billboard
Daniel Rowland, LANDR
Manny Toro, SoundCloud
Joe Tou, Sony Ventures
Máuhan Zonoozy, Spotify
Panel topic highlights:
Collaborative Creation With Fans
Gaming is the New Venue
The Journey of a Song in Music Tech
Music Monetization Beyond Streaming
Music Rights in the Metaverse
No Money, No Music: Financial Innovations in the Music Industry
Sexy, Sexy, A&R Data for the Masses
Ultimate Live Music Tech Tools
Wild Wild West of Web3
These panels and speakers alone would be a master class in the future of the music industry, but there’s so much more to Music Tectonics. Playful formats make learning fun and easy, while off-beat open-air venues optimize for B2B networking.
See a full list of speakers and panels at MusicTectonics.com
“In this industry, people need connection and first-hand experience as much as they need keynotes and panel discussions. That’s why we’ve built in opportunities to try out innovations, make connections, and get business done across the three days of the conference.”
— Dmitri Vietze, conference director of Music Tectonics.
CONFERENCE SCHEDULE BREAKDOWN
TUE OCTOBER 25
Music Tech Carnival
3PM – 5PM at the Santa Monica Pier Carousel
- Cutting edge music experiences: Try out new ways to engage with and create music with AmazeVR, Artiphon, and TribeXR,
- Startup Carousel: get in on the future of music innovation! 20 startups, including Swimming with Narwhals Finalists and Semi-finalists, will demo their next-generation products and platforms.
Opening Party – presented by SoundExchange
5PM – 7PM at the Santa Monica Pier Carousel
- Meet and mingle with other music innovators over drinks and tacos by the beach as the sun sets.
WED OCTOBER 26
Keynotes, Sessions, and More
9AM – 6PM at the Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel
- All the panels and speakers listed above (plus more)
- Innovator Exhibit Hall
- Final Pitches in the Swimming With Narwhals Pitch Competition
6PM – 8PM at the Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel
THU OCTOBER 27
Music Tech Dojo – presented by LyricFind and Fortress Blockchain Technologies
10AM to 2PM – Expert Dojo in Santa Monica Place
- Tatiana Cirisano and Kriss Thakrar of MIDiA Research present insights and data on the music industry of the future.
- Invite-only trainings and consultations with LyricFind and Fortress Blockchain Technologies.
New to the schedule: UMG’s Music Tech Training Camp
3pm to 7pm – UMG’s Santa Monica Offices
- Startups get actionable advice from investors, advisors, and label execs on everything they need to know from the brainstorming stage, through seed rounds and growth.
- Then make industry connections at a mixer with badge holders and UMG execs.
- Don’t forget to get a selfie at the famous Universal globe!
About Music Tectonics
The 2022 Music Tectonics Conference is designed to rally music innovators of all stripes: startups, major labels, indie labels, Web3 disruptors, streaming services, distributors, social media platforms, investors, accelerators, legal experts, live event execs, gear makers, music software developers, consultants—in short, everyone who works where music and tech meet.
Music Tectonics unites innovators in music and tech to share ideas and get business done across industry boundaries. The fourth annual conference returns to an all-in-person format in Santa Monica, CA, October 25-27, 2022. Join us for three days of programming about the future of music that prepares you to ride the next seismic shifts shaking up the industry.