Midem, the home of the global music community, recently unveiled the jury for Midemlab 2020, the leading music startup competition, that will now include a Live Music category – an addition introduced to reflect today’s music market and to spotlight the most innovative solutions for bands, fans, venues, producers and promoters.
In the streaming age, live is one of the most innovative areas of the industry, thanks to startups offering new solutions for ticket sales, brand sponsorships and merchandising, bringing the global live experience to a higher level. And according to PwC, the Live Music sector has been constantly growing throughout the past decade and is expected to be worth $31bn worldwide by 2022.
Midem and the Midemlab jury welcome entries from creative music startups, especially those within the new Live Music category, to take advantage of the full program of opportunities on offer to participants (deadline for application ends 18 February 2020).
Midem Director, Alexandre Deniot, commented: “Live Music is a major part of the global music industry. Each year, nearly 50 artists perform live at Midem and, since 2018, we’ve run an annual Live Summit to better highlight this area of our market. We’re very excited to include a Live Music category in Midemlab to support and reward the most innovative startups in this sphere.”
Midemlab 2020 Jury
The 2020 Jury brings together international influencers and decision makers from the most pioneering and prestigious entertainment, tech and investment companies, as follows:
● Vanessa Bakewell, Client Partner Film & Music, Facebook/Instagram (UK)
● Yvan Boudillet, Founder & President, The Lynk (France)
● Nicolas Brien, CEO, France Digitale (France)
● Paul Brindley, CEO, Music Ally (UK)
● Tiago Correia, Global Digital Business Development Senior Manager, Innovation, Warner Music International (UK)
● Victoria Cruz, Manager, Global Business Development and Digital Strategy, Sony Music Entertainment (UK)
● James Dick, Senior Vice President Marketing Partnerships Asia and CEO, Live Nation Connects (Hong Kong)
● Olivia Hervy, Manager WeWork Labs Paris, WeWork (France)
● Jay Katsuyama, Vice President, Technology, Universal Music Group (USA)
● Jenny Lindblad, Business Coach & Startup Mentor, Eliza Communication (Sweden)
● Jean-Philippe Louis, Journalist, Les Echos (France)
● Eyal Malinger, Investment Director, Beringea (UK)
● Rishi Patel, Managing Partner, Plus Eight Equity (USA)
● Vanja Primorac, Music Innovation, United talent Agency (USA)
● Arabian Prince, Founding Member, NWA, Founder & CEO, iNov8 Next Open Labs (USA)
● Juan Francisco Saavedra Plata, Co-Founder & CEO, Kuack Media Group
● Claudia Schwarz, Co-Founder & VP, MusicTech Germany, Co-Founder
● Marisol Segal, Head of Digital Partnerships, AEG Presents (USA)
● Guillaume de la Serre, Chief Product Officer & GM Europe, Bandsintown (France)
● Pariwat Wongsamran, Director of Startup Thailand, NIA (Thailand)
For more information about Midemlab’s Music Startup Competition, please click here.
View Midemlab 2019 winners here.